MATTEHATTER ❝ blog · fashion · lifestyle ❞  | ·   home  ·   follow  ·   about  ·   contact   ·

SEARCH


FOLLOW ME

MATTEHATTER
Someone suggested that I should start a personal style blog. And I thought to myself, "Why not?" It could be really fun. Or not. Anyhoo, this is my little hole-in-the-wall of vintage finds, style obsessions and the sort. Let's not take things too seriously around here, shall we?


INSTAGRAM
Follow my instagram @ mattehatter

ARCHIVES




Wardrobe Essentials: Denim Jacket
POSTED ON : Monday 25 February 2013
The denim jacket has been a staple in my wardrobe since way back. Check out my young kiddo self sporting a denim jacket, feeling just comfortable in my own skin :)


Maybe I wasn't the sartorially suave guy I thought I was HAHA but I wore a denim jacket nonetheless. All my favorite stars back in those days wore them and I felt like a badass wearing one - you know one of those childhood idolization every guy used to have when they were young. Looking back, the denim jacket has transcended countless trends and time itself. Very few pieces in a men's wardrobe can be as comfortable as they are durable. And be adaptable to nearly any style and color, from preps to rebels and everyone in between.

Point is, the denim jacket will always be a timeless classic and investment-worthy piece of outerwear. Of course, this is nothing new to all you denim aficionados out there who have a tried and proven jacket that you so adore. But if you haven't own one yet, you might want to consider getting it. More and more variations of the denim jacket have been released in recent years and that means that there are a multitude of styles, cuts and wash for you to choose from. Here are some that I really like:

Levi's Many Variations of its Denim Jacket

For those who are new to this, you may want to opt for a crisp blue summer wash/indigo denim to start off that will contrast against your jeans color. From there, you could experiment what kind of style and wash suits you best. If you are feeling a little adventurous, you could even go for black/grey denim for a monochrome look. Or you could check out how I like to wear mine.









I got this Levi's bleached jacket second-hand from a vintage boutique in Taiwan and I haven't had one single bit of buyer's remorse. It's simply a tremendous find for the price that I have gotten it for. I like to fold the sleeves up for a more casual look; this could be a great alternative if the sleeves of your jacket are too long for you.

The weather has been really erratic recently and it's just so hard to do a proper outdoor shoot. I would like to give a quick shout out to Sufyan - thank you so much for the amazing pictures despite the rain. This is our first time collaborating and you can definitely expect more of his works in the posts to come!


On Me: Thrifted Levi's Bleached Jacket, Henley Tee by Fourskin, Chinos by Muji, Wallabees by Clarks

Labels: , , , , ,


← Newer Post
Older Post →