MATTEHATTER ❝ blog · fashion · lifestyle ❞  | ·   home  ·   follow  ·   about  ·   contact   ·

SEARCH


FOLLOW ME

MATTEHATTER
Someone suggested that I should start a personal style blog. And I thought to myself, "Why not?" It could be really fun. Or not. Anyhoo, this is my little hole-in-the-wall of vintage finds, style obsessions and the sort. Let's not take things too seriously around here, shall we?


INSTAGRAM
Follow my instagram @ mattehatter

ARCHIVES




No Sweat Summer Style: Stripes & Colors
POSTED ON : Tuesday 19 March 2013
Anyone who knows me would know that I'm a huge fan of stripes. Striped basics are just so versatile; they could go with everything. By itself, I think it just has that summer appeal that I like. Well for a fact, we ARE staying in Singapore.

So if you like to keep things casual yet not look too shabby, stripes are the perfect choice of wear. And as the season tips in favor of a kaleidoscopic palette, I decided to indulge in some brighter tones to keep things fresh. When it comes to colors, it's not always about making bold statements with wild color combinations. I prefer to add a subtle chromatic touch to an otherwise neutral outfit.







Saturated pants like the one I'm wearing are usually great to add that right amount of pop that doesn't get you stares. Straying away from my penchant for more earthly tones, there are a few things to take note when wearing such colored pants:
  • First of all, don't wear the same color in other pieces (unless it's an accenting color but not recommended still) - that will make you look like a real-life teletubby. Seriously.
  • Always find the right composition. If you want to commit to a colored pants, you gotta keep the top pretty simple. The pants should be the main color draw and toning it down with neutrals like blue or grey could work really well.
  • Feel comfortable in your own skin. Or in this case, the color you're wearing. Do not choose a color that you will feel out of place in, since your legs make a good half of your body and that pretty much says everything. (For me, bright orange makes me feel like I'm one giant walking carrot)  
If you'd like to have a deeper insight into the use of color palettes, I always go to Color Collective as my source of inspiration. Enjoy experimenting y'all!



On Me: Striped Sweatshirt by Uniqlo, Faded Chinos by Dockers, Sandals by Timberland

Photography: Sufyan

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


← Newer Post
Older Post →