MATTEHATTER ❝ blog · fashion · lifestyle ❞  | ·   home  ·   follow  ·   about  ·   contact   ·

SEARCH


FOLLOW ME

MATTEHATTER
Someone suggested that I should start a personal style blog. And I thought to myself, "Why not?" It could be really fun. Or not. Anyhoo, this is my little hole-in-the-wall of vintage finds, style obsessions and the sort. Let's not take things too seriously around here, shall we?


INSTAGRAM
Follow my instagram @ mattehatter

ARCHIVES




Why So Serious?
POSTED ON : Saturday 13 April 2013


"I think fashion and style is a fun game. People who take it seriously miss the point and people who don't participate miss the point"

I love Gavin McInnes. He's as funny as a porcupine (all right I think porcupines are funny, you have a problem with that?!?!) yet he conveys his point with such precision and flair. Well you can definitely trust on the "Godfather of Hipsterdom" when he has a case to make. Yeap, that is an actual moniker.

Some really insightful thoughts on age, personal style and the sort here. Don't take fashion/style so seriously. Hell, don't even take me so seriously. As Oscar Wilde would like to say, "Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions". One thing I came to realize after years of relying on other people's opinions when buying clothes - opinions are susceptible to change. People may tell you that you don't suit this look or the shirt you are wearing now is ugly (and those were their genuine opinions back then) but the next thing you know, they are trying them too.

So my point is... Don't take other people's opinions too seriously. Be self-opinionated, trust your own thoughts/taste and have fun experimenting in the process. It's all part of how we find the real us while we are still young now, don't you agree?

That aside, does the elbow to fist thing really work? Damn.. I got to try that out.

Labels: , , , ,


← Newer Post
Older Post →