MATTEHATTER ❝ blog · fashion · lifestyle ❞  | ·   home  ·   follow  ·   about  ·   contact   ·

SEARCH


FOLLOW ME

MATTEHATTER
Someone suggested that I should start a personal style blog. And I thought to myself, "Why not?" It could be really fun. Or not. Anyhoo, this is my little hole-in-the-wall of vintage finds, style obsessions and the sort. Let's not take things too seriously around here, shall we?


INSTAGRAM
Follow my instagram @ mattehatter

ARCHIVES




Floral Pastels
POSTED ON : Sunday 16 June 2013
There's usually this stigma of being effeminate or ladylike when it comes to wearing floral prints (for guys of course). Well, I'm gonna make a little confession here. I'm OBSESSED with floral prints. And it's not even like a mild obsession, I would grab anything I see that's floral and nice. Does that make me any less manly than I already am? I don't think so. Get over your manhood issues and start rocking them, will ya? HAHAHA all right I kid. I, for one, used to be really shy with floral as well. So much for playing the nonchalant guy.

I guess once you have succumbed to what they call "flower power", it's hard to look back. These days, there is a multitude of designs, styles, colours etc. Gone are the days where we only have run-off-the-mill Hawaiian vacation shirts. It really comes down to your personal taste as to which sort of floral print appeals to you the most. They are not always about bold patterns and loud colours y'know. So if you're new to this and do not wish to overdo the bloom, I say go for more subtle prints and neutral tones. They attract less attention and are much easier to go with your wardrobe staples, don't you think?








I love this shirt that I got from United Colors of Benetton (or you can get it here as well). Shades of grey with well appointed floral accents that are not screaming out. I decided to keep it clean with a simple pair of chinos, I like how it adds a pastel touch to the entire ensemble. Overall, one of my personal favorite looks. What do you think?

On Me: Floral Print Shirt by United Colors of Benetton, Washed Red Chinos by Dockers, Shades by Komono, Watch by Triwa, Chukkas by Timberland, Briefcase by Bally (Thrifted) 

Photography: Amanda Wong
When she's not going awww over cats (Bengal cats in particular) or busy editing tons of photos, she's flaunting her "muscles" and trying to upkeep her "manly" image which I would consider a flop HAHA (a good thing really, she's an amazing girl through and through). I'm lucky enough to have her input and photography expertise on this entry despite her busy schedule. With possibly more collaborations to come, I would like to offer my sincere thanks in the form of drinks. Or kittens. Jokes on the latter :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


← Newer Post
Older Post →