MATTEHATTER ❝ blog · fashion · lifestyle ❞  | ·   home  ·   follow  ·   about  ·   contact   ·

SEARCH


FOLLOW ME

MATTEHATTER
Someone suggested that I should start a personal style blog. And I thought to myself, "Why not?" It could be really fun. Or not. Anyhoo, this is my little hole-in-the-wall of vintage finds, style obsessions and the sort. Let's not take things too seriously around here, shall we?


INSTAGRAM
Follow my instagram @ mattehatter

ARCHIVES




Steal.
POSTED ON : Wednesday 1 May 2013

Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. 
Devour films, music, books, photographs, paintings, poems, conversations, dreams, trees, architecture, street signs, clouds, light and shadows. 
Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic.
Authenticity is invaluable. 

Originality is non-existent. 
Don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it.
Remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: "It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to"

I stole this from Paul Arden. His books are practically my source of inspiration and motivation in life. Check him out if you will.

Oh and Happy Labour Day everyone! A few more hours before I'm back to the daily grind.

Labels: , , , ,


← Newer Post
Older Post →